<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 17, 2003

I went to visit my dad yesterday...NOT going into that one...but we went to the grocery store. In case you don't know, my dad moved to Greencastle, PA 2 months ago. It's really funny he moved to Greencastle, ya know. His grandmother's maiden name was Castle and...well, you know our last name. So he has decided when he has address labels, he will spell it "GreeneCastle". My dad...he can be so cheesy sometimes. Anyhoo, back to the grocery store. So, obviously, the cost of living in PA is much cheaper than this over priced place I like to call my home forever (see Germantown, below). They had bananas for 39 cents per pound! We don't have bananas that cheap! I didn't but any but wanna know what I did buy? CAFFEINE FREE MOUNTAIN DEW! What is this world coming to? Mountain Dew is the reason I can't have caffeine--I drank it every day for 2 years in high school, while having a headache every single one of those days. What are they gonna come up with next--caffeine free Jolt? That would be hilarious! We also got some amazing snacky foods...I was *uber* psyched!

So, Germantown. You may not have heard of it, but you should have. It is the second largest city in Maryland. But, of course, we are not incoporated yet so we don't count. There is a big push for incorporation, which I am all for, except I don't wanna spend more money on taxes. Isn't the area expensive enough? We have 80,000 people living here...the next city after us (the "official" #2) is Frederick and they have *only* 50,000 people. If you do know of Germantown, but have not been here in a few years, or even like one year, you would never recognize it. There is so much growth going on on a daily basis, it is ridiculous! I have lived here my entire life and it's just a whole different town. Come visit us in Germantown, and maybe move here, because we could use some more people...only 400,000 more to beat Baltimore...

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?