<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 13, 2003

So I saw Tony last night. Ah, amazing, as always. I swear (even though I shouldn't) he gets hotter every day. He got a tattoo this week on his forearm. I don't like tattoos, but whatever. He called it an "albino black bird" or something contradictory. It was funny. He was supposed to go second but went third. He didn't get there until the second guy was already performing so we don't know what went on.

There were 4 people performing last night. The first guy was real jazzy and he was good. He danced all silly but whatever. I just think he was better suited for a larger place and not a small coffee shop. He had a drummer (who was hot), two guitarists (one was hot), a keyboardist, a trumpetist (is that a word?), and a...shoot, what the freak was that instrument called? argh...oh well, so as you can see, he had a lot of music. I had a migraine (but for Tony, I would not miss out) and we sat up front so it was terrible on my head. He had a CD coming out in March, I believe, with Virgin Records.

The next guy, Dean Fields, was really good. I listened to him on his website and didn't like him. He changed my impression in person. He was hilarious in his comments during his performance. He made funny faces when he sang so I was laughing inside. HAHAHAHA One time (at band camp...no really) he was starting the beginning of this sad song and this lady busted out laughing at what someone else said to her and Dean said "it's not funny". I can't remember all the funny shit he said but it was great. Cari bought his CD so I will burn myself a copy!

Tony got to sing a Christmas song he was talking about that he only brings out this time of year. He was hilarious too, as always. I waited afterwards for a bit to see if I could get a pic with him but he didn't come out front and I felt awful so we left.

The last group, or singer (I am still unsure. I know that there were many people but I am not sure if it was a group or a guy with a band) was Taylor Roberts. I listened to them on their website and liked what I heard but we left cuz I felt so bad. My sister went to ask someone why Tony wasn't second and the person she talked to was one of the guys performing last. He tried to talk her into staying to watch them and told her to call me a taxi and stay. She said we'll see and he told her that was a cop out. LOL I wanted to buy their CD but no one was there for them before they performed to purchase it from (all of the performers are not on record labels so their stuff had to be sold by someone that works for them).

Well worth the $10 I think! Turned me on to some new people! How exciting...now, I have to get rid of this darn migraine...

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?