<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Sarah, since you talked about your flap on your finger, I thought I might mention this: did I ever tell you about my 2 fingers last year? I cut my middle finger in a "v" shape with a knife in late Dec and just had to get steri-strips put on. (It stuck out when wrapped, so I was like Rosie O'DonnellThen in March I sliced open my thumb with a "mandolin" slicer thing. It had a HUGE flap and I ended up getting stitches. That was my first time for stitches. For weeks, I had no fingerprint on half of that thumb. It is still stuck out and will be forever. They say that so much is crammed inside your fingers that when you slice it open, it won't go back in like normal. I had it wrapped for over a month and kids in the school, even ones I didn't know, asked me about it all the time. It was so nice! I love that school!

Anyway, the reason I cut myself both those times was I am a cooking fiend now. I got this huge knife and that is what cut me the first time. My mom and sister refuse to use the knife because they are scared of it. Well, I watch enough cooking shows to know how to properly use it so I am ok with it. The mandolin slicer is for slicing things like potatoes into fry shapes. I am addicted to Rachael Ray's "Thirty Minute Meals". I watch it a lot and have 2 of her cookbooks. I am a big baker as well. I just made cookies over the weekend. My mom hates when I cook though, cuz I make a huge mess and I hate cleaning up! heehee...

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?