<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 19, 2003

so I just got an email from Hood. In it, they invited alums to a women's bball game. It reminded me of an email I got a while ago and I don't know if you guys got it but it pissed me off. I thought things wouldn't be different for these boys that are now there. Do you know the mens bball team plays games at a high school? They invited people to a "double header" when the men play at high school and the womens game was at Hood after. How is that a double header if people have to drive from one place to another? It was the same college both men and women played too! AND to top it off, the mens games cost money! I guess maybe the high school has to charge money but why the hell do they get to play there and not the women? That is blatant sexism! It even made my sister mad, and she doesn't understand my hatred of Hood having boys so...

I understand a lot of times boys games get more of an audience but a prime example of the opposite is Penn State! I know PSU's men have sucked for years and the women have been good for years but still. Women bball games at PSU get up to 10,000 people at least. Mens bball games don't average half of that. It always pissed me off in high school when the cheerleaders went to the boys games and not the girls. Obviously this behavior continues in college and it pisses me off...

That was my rant for the day...

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?