<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 29, 2004

In the stereo: Tony Lucca...all the downloaded stuff from his concerts

I had my first day on the long-term job today. The teacher told me I might regret not taking the entire 8-10 weeks and I already do. It's Kindergarten and it was a ton of fun. Maybe after being there for 2 weeks, I won't find it fun anymore but we'll see. I had decided last year I think that I didn't like kindergarten anymore. This class is an exception. But then again, the teacher has been teaching for MANY years and said this is her best class. The requirements for kindergarten now are RIDICULOUS! They test them the second week of school to see if they can read a sentence yet. How crazy is that? My parents were afraid, with me being so young, that I wouldn't be ready for 1st grade and almost held me back. I bet with these new requirements, I would have definitely been held back. I turned out just fine and all but it's crazy. AND the number of kids that DO get held back is crazy. I want to say an average of 3 per class at this school. There are 7 kindergarten classes at this school, so that's over a whole class worth (the county says kindergartens can have no more than 15, I believe).

Heather has not been on at all and blogging but I have a message for whenever she does come on. Heather: I talked to my neighbor Jamie (who you may notice I talk about in my blog a lot) and told her about the camp you work at. She wanted to know when in the summer it is. She is free July 11 through all of August and wanted to know if you needed help. And if she does it, I may too. I may no matter what, depending on what it would be doing. Jamie worked this past summer at a camp for pretty severely learning disabled kids and is planning on working at another one this summer in Minnesota but I guess she will be done around July 11th. So let me know any info...and is there a website of the camp?

So, I will be babysitting my brother this weekend. I will not be blogging after this unless there is something super important I feel the need to blog about tonight. I am leaving straight from school to drive to PA. My dad will be in midday Sunday so I may blog Sunday. Enjoy your weekends, ladies!

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?