<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 26, 2004

In the stereo: JC

My new word is "invisibilize", as in "I will invisibilize you". I said that about Cari on AIM and asked if that was a word and she said no but I can make it one.

So let me tell you about my day. Well, first off, last week, I saw that on this sign up sheet, the staff development teacher had me subbing tomorrow, which I didn't know about and had got another job. So, when I got up today, I had this feeling I wasn't supposed to sub today and that maybe she mixed up today and tomorrow. So, I get to work at 7:57 and wait for her to get there cuz she hadn't set out any papers for me as to what class I should be in. When I got a chance to talk to her, I asked and she said I was not supposed to be there. So I left. I stopped at Burger King on the way home and got a sandwich. When I got home, the phone was ringing. I didn't want to pick it up so I listened to the person leave a message. It was the lady, and as it turned out it was her 3rd message she just left. She was wrong and did need me today, so I drove back to work. Apparently, she sent someone else home too. Then, I guess on the third person, she realized maybe she should check her schedule and sure enough, all the first grade teachers were meeting together today so they had 6 subs in for them. I guess maybe she is getting distracted cuz all the state tests are this week, but she is kind of a ditz sometimes.

On my drive home this morning, I was thinking about all the things I would do with this new found day off. I had gotten it in my head that I would be home so I was disappointed I had to go back in. But I guess it was ok that I did go in cuz the class today was so well-behaved. Except for the fact that since there was testing, the kids in the portables got to be in the building so the first grade classes doubled up. So, we had 32 kids in one room with 2 subs. Let me tell you, that other class is quite loud! One more day til the weekend...I can't wait.

OH OH OH, so, Marianne FELL IN FRONT OF A CLASS YESTERDAY. I was hunched down on my feet to plug in something and got up a bit to sit in a chair but I missed the chair and landed on the floor. The kids and I had a good laugh about that one. They were a good class too (that was a second grade one).

Yay, this will be the cover of Tony's CD, which comes out March 30th, in case I haven't mentioned that *wink* how nice that it goes with my color scheme

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?