<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 14, 2004

So the Parade magazine, that comes with the Sunday Washington Post, came today with the inserts. The main article is about Dr. Seuss and his 100th birthday. So I decided to write on here how my grandfather knew him. They both graduated from Dartmouth in 1925. We don't know if they had classes together but my mom says they did talk. I like to tell kids in school this info and the ones I have told haven't seemed to find it as fascinating as I do. I do feel special that I have a Dr. Seuss connection though...So, I just realized my grandfather would have turned 100 himself this past December. That's pretty damn exciting. And scary...I always wanted my grandmother to live to be 100. When I would tell her this, she would say no way would she want to. Well, she lived to be 91, which is still damn old (that was 4 years ago). I miss her...she was such a hilarious woman...though I do hear stories I can't imagine happening...

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?