<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 11, 2004

"Save a horse, ride a cowboy" 



In the stereo: VH1 Country

well, I am glad I was able to sleep in today...though 8:30 isn't late. This morning, whenever I feel like getting my butt in gear, the school is having the special ed end of the year party. Last year, the kids played outside all morning, we had lunch outside with tons of food and watched a movie in the afternoon. Today, it is raining. I don't know what will happen. At about 12:30, I am subbing in a 1st grade class cuz the teacher's son is graduating from preschool (although I find it RIDICULOUS, it is rather cute). So, this afternoon, there is a teachers vs. kids (4th and 5th grade) volleyball game. I can't remember what else she told me we would be doing but it should be smooth sailing. Then, when I get home, either Parsons will already be here or she will be almost here. Yay! Can't wait for the concert--it's a good thing we got seats underneath cuz I can't imagine how exciting the concert would be standing on the lawn in the rain.

Yesterday in art went fine. We have 2 art teachers and both were out yesterday. SO, in the morning, since it didn't rain, I had nothing to do. I helped out the other art sub. She had 2 classes I knew (headstart and the 1st grade I am in today). Then, the afternoon went well, with the kids doing what they were supposed to. It may have helped that I knew all those kids. So, my first time subbing in art went fine--I don't know what I had been scared of.

When I went to Curves yesterday, I told Marsha (one of the owners) "I turned in my application Tuesday". She said "so you wanna try this out?" So relieved there was nothing to it (IN all my jobs over the years, I have been on ONE interview) I am working the first time next Friday. Kinda nervous, cuz she said something about Sally not talking enough when we were standing there. This means I will have to talk a lot to customers. Everyone knows I don't approach strangers. Jamie said I will get over this and I said "I am 24 and haven't gotten over it yet, it won't happen". We'll see...

Went next door last night and talked to Jamie for forever. When I came home, there was a cicada on the front stoop. I think they should be gone now. This one obviously doesn't follow any trends.

Anyway, I guess I will go eat something and get ready to do whatever...lata

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?