<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

We are home. I managed to escape out of there with a grand total of (drumroll please)...about 5 bug bites. It's a miracle, considering I only wore pants today and one other day. We didn't see too many cicadas. There was one tree where I saw a ton of their shells they shed but I would say we saw many more on our way on Friday than we saw actually there all weekend.

I miss it already. I don't think I had a headache all weekend. As soon as we got on 270, I started feeling one come on. I wonder if it's the atmosphere or whether I subconsciously stress myself out about life. Whatever it is, I need to fix it.

I read 2 1/2 books this weekend. I am so proud! I never read so much. The first one is called Calling Romeo and I started it in Canada and never read at home. It was a good story but the writing was terrible--there were so many mistakes a copy editor should find. The second book was The Notebook. I cried a ton. I finished it in less than a day. It was fabulous and I can't wait for the movie (as soon as I finish writing here, I have to look at the trailer again). The last book was Can You Keep A Secret?, which came out a few months ago. It was fabulous as well. It was so funny and of course I cried, but just a little. Cari kept getting mad at me for laughing so much. Quote from the last: "Actually, Artemis, I have. I just read this really good book called What to Do If Your Colleague Is an Obnoxious Cow Who Picks Her Nose When She Thinks No One's Looking".

The food was fabulous, as always. We saw Emily (who's in the family that owns Capon), her husband, and their twins, who were born last June 3 months prematurely. A girl and a boy (who weighed 2.1 and 1.6 pounds, respectively, at birth!). So cute, they look just like their dad. We also got to see another baby in the family, who is 11 months old. We had seen her last July but man she is absolutely beautiful. I don't know if I have ever seen such a beautiful baby under a year old. I know all (ok, most) babies are cute but man, she has this smile that lights up your face and beautiful eyes and she makes these noises that were funny. She said bye to us after lunch today...yay! We also saw Megan, who is also in the family. She is 20 (I think) and is heading to Argentina for 5 months in July. She seemed so excited.

So, it's now back to the real world and no planned vacations until football season. Cari has said she will have my car if I want to get a new one and have the car payments. I just can't decide what I want to do. I might have to make a pro/con list. We'll see...guess that's about it (boy that was rather lengthy). See ya later alligator...s...

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?