<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

In my head: Penny & Me (Hanson--hey, their new CD is quite good)

So we saw The Notebook. Enjoyed it a lot. Remembered to take tissues--and went through 12. It was quite different from the book but I guess I'm not the kind of person who cares as much. Little details bother me though. Like the painting she gives him isn't shown in his house years later. Why would they show her giving him the painting if it isn't in later? It is in the book. And in A Walk To Remember (same author of the books), Jamie's hair was the color of honey but in the movie, Mandy Moore's was dark brown. That was the thing about that movie that irked me the most.

Cari and I went with Jamie to one of her mom's coworker's house. She does threading (basically hair removal). Got our eyebrows done. Jamie told me it wouldn't hurt. Marianne has had her eyebrows waxed and cried. She vowed never to do that again. Now, she vows never to do threading again. I think I will stick to plucking. This was painful. Of course, I do have a low tolerance for pain. I'm so sensitive *grin*

I've gotta finish my magazine that came yesterday cuz I wanna read the next Shopaholic book. I got 2 magazines in the mail in 2 days and since I'm between books, I decided to read them. Maybe I will finish it tonight and start the book. One of the magazines I get is Lifetime, from the people who do the cable channel. It's a really good magazine. I especially enjoy the column "What Mom Forgot To Teach Me". You can write in and request how to do something and they will have about 5-8 each month in there. Things include how to load the dishwasher correctly, keeping certain plants alive and removing pills from clothes. This months, actually, wasn't as exciting as normal but sometimes I just love it. It's my current favorite magazine.

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?