<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Just finished watching the VMAs. Kinda disappointing. I definitely think 2 years ago when Jimmy Fallon hosted was by far the best year, when it came to host, performances and those who announced awards. Jimmy's opening rocked (I still have it on tape), Ben Stiller coming out during P. Diddy's announcing was awesome, and I really enjoyed Justin's first performance of "Like I Love You". Of course, Axl and a fake Guns 'N Roses ended the show and that wasn't that exciting but the rest made up for it.

This year, it was cool that Stevie Wonder was there but I wasn't that excited. The women dressed for shit. Even Mandy Moore, who I think usually dresses well, didn't look that great. Liked the color of the dress and loved her hair but didn't like the cut of the dress. So many women had TERRIBLE hair...the only person Cari and I decided looked good, overall, was Haylie Duff. Nice hair, subdued outfit (jeans and nice top). Hilary Duff bought some pants (I am totally blanking on the brand) and said she chopped them off to be shorts...and they looked hideous. Christina Aguilera, who we all know I can't stand, had on a fake mole. A fake mole????? I don't care if it kinda went with her outfit, it was fake and that's lame.

Hoobastank stank. I like them...but we KNOW the singer was trashed. He sounded HORRIBLE. Vomit Beyonce won a few awards. And of course her bf, Jay-Z, no matter that I do like him, won a bunch too. I swear Beyonce's mom works at MTV and the shit is rigged. I mean, come on. She won 5 last year and more this year and it was the same damn album. And she isn't all that. Someone announced her as being one of the hottest women out there or something and I wanted to puke.

Cari noted that the awards this year and last ended with the same song--OutKast performing "Hey Ya". How lame.

(reread the red link words...what a laugh...sums up my thoughts on the VMAs)

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?