<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

"Say no more, mon amour. Lips for kissin, baby, je t'adore, mwah!" 

Lots of stuff to blog about...I hope I remember it all. Just finished watching The Daily Show. John Kerry is going to be such a great president. Jon Stewart asked him about how people keep knocking his time served in Vietnam (Jon said he has watched cable news channels and found out Kerry did not serve in Vietnam--his words. Kerry had a laugh.). Kerry is trying to take it all in stride. He was surprised at first that people started saying it but he knows it's politics. He just really wants to discuss the main issues, which don't seem to be getting much discussion. I absolutely can't wait until the debates!!!! Jon asked Kerry a question he said he didn't have to answer if it was too personal--"is it true that every time I eat ketchup, your wife gets a nickel?" That was funny. Also, Jon asked a question and moved close and stared at Kerry, so Kerry moved close and stared back. Kerry made a joke about their profiles and Jon said something about he knows Kerry has 1/4 Jew in him but he (himself) is all Jew. Funny stuff.

Enough politics talk. I don't watch The Daily Show enough. When I think of The Daily Show, I think of 2 times I have seen it (I have seen it more but these 2 stick out in my mind). Once was the first show back after Sept 11. Jon Stewart could see the towers from his apt. He was so speechless during the show. He sat there and just tapped his pen and had to go to commercial cuz he had nothing to say. It was very emotional. The other time was a year and a half ago (I think). There had been a big snow storm. Stephen Colbert (ps, is it really pronounced Col-bear? Everyone I know with that last name pronounces it as it's spelled. I wonder if they pronounce it that way for humor purposes) was outside doing a report on the stuff falling from the sky. He blamed it on terrorists or something. It was so funny. Jon said "isn't it just a snow storm?" and Stephan said "is it, Jon? Is it really?". Jon was cracking up. I love it when comedians can't keep a straight face (*cough*Jimmy Fallon*cough*).

Got the new Tim McGraw CD today. I really like it. I think my favorite so far is #2 "My Old Friend". I have only listened to it once though...Got my pictures developed. The Dean ones (and the David Berkeley one) did not come out. I know it's cuz I had my flash off, for fear of blinding anyone. And I can totally tell I got Dean puckering up. I am so pissed it didn't come out. Got some from the tennis. The close ones of Robby didn't come out as well, for the same reason (we were so close, I didn't want to distract him). The ones that did come out of Robby and Lleyton are good but they are just too far away. I also got a good one of Jan-Michael Gambill's ass (the one of Robby's ass is fuzzy).

It's Craig Kilborn's last week on The Late Late Show. I am very saddened. I heart Craig. He is the absolute best night show host. I'm gonna have to love Jon Stewart solely now. And Craig doesn't know what he is going to do...so who knows when I will get to see him again? He's so freakin hot...and I usually hate cocky guys. Maybe it's cuz he always sounds so funny when being cocky, it almost makes it seem like he's not really but only for the cameras. I will never be able to accept the fact of how old he is. 42? (Update--I just looked it up and I am correct in my guessing of his age--his birthday was yesterday, the 24th, so he's barely 42) Are you kidding me?

That mens gymnastics last night was crazy. This Russian did an amazing routine on the high bar, with a slight bobble on the landing. He got a terrible score. The crowd booed for a good 10 minutes. Our poor guy had to go next and wait until the crowd settled. Our guy did a good routine, maybe his best, but I still think the Russian was better. Our guy ends up with the silver. Even the guy who won gold (who, actually was tied with the American but the tie breaker rules are complicated) wasn't as good, in my opinion. I feel bad for the Russian. I also feel bad for Morgan Hamm. He's the twin brother of our silver medalist, Paul. Paul got 3 medals and Morgan only got the team one. Morgan did tie for 3rd with a guy on the high bar but yet again, those stupid tie breaker rules. I think maybe it's ok for the gold, even the silver, to have to break a tie. But bronze? Come on, why not give 2 bronzes????

I know I had other things to talk about but I forget...maybe I will remember tomorrow. Good night!

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?