<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 16, 2004

"Why do I get the feeling I am being royally screwed?" 


Went to the fair. Jamie and I really weren't into the concert and we don't know why. We heard Craig Morgan sing about 6 songs, including the song we like ("Almost Home"--it's about a homeless man and I nearly cry every time I hear it) and another song we didn't know he sang that's his new single. We left after the latter. We didn't even wait for him to finish, let alone hear any of Buddy Jewell. We kept seeing Bush/Cheney stickers on people and wanted to vomit. We finally saw Kerry/Edwards stickers and decided to find the booth. Got some free stickers and bought some buttons. Yay! I can show my support, seeing as my bumper stickers I ordered have not shown up. When we got home, Jamie put her sticker on the mailbox. So the mailbox will only accept Kerry stuff and nothing Bush. I just came up with that this minute...though it should be allowed.

I can't wait 'til football season starts. Joe and Amy commenting just got me so excited. So did us getting the Penn State football yearbook in the mail the other day. Dad was talking to me on the phone about someone who wasn't allowed to play last year who is back this year. I remembered his number. I impressed myself with that fact! I am excited that a fellow Germantownie (?) is a starter this year. He didn't go to my high school (well, maybe he did his freshman year--I can't remember when the other high school opened) but it still makes me happy when I see people from here. Have I ever told you that the two guitarists from Hootie and The Blowfish are from G-town? I don't like them but they're the only famous people I know of so I like to say it. The year they became really big, they spoke at a nearby high school graduation and we were at first offended that they didn't come to ours. Later, we found out they were terrible students and we didn't want them anyway.


make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?