<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas was such an exciting day, though very tiring. Sooo much stuff: 90's Trivial Pursuit, Rachael Ray's new book, snowflake pjs, books, dvds (Abandon, Raising Helen, Alice In Wonderland, Old School, and Brigadoon--quite an ecclectic mix), a leather coat from dad (which doesn't fit but we'll see...), a painting of sunflowers (also from dad). I'm pretty darn happy. I hope everyone else had as nice of a Christmas as me. The only thing that was missing was...SNOW. Dag nabbit.

Cari also informed me on Christmas Eve that she has been busting her butt to make my quilt! I bought the yarn back in the summer or before and she made a few squares but then got so busy with her job, she didn't work on it...or so I thought. She still didn't finish it by Christmas but that's totally fine. The thought is what counts. She has been sneaking in my room to get the yarn she needs and trying to hide the fact that there is yarn missing. My room's a mess anyway and I didn't pay attention to where the yarn was (under a chair near the door--though practically all sides were covered). It's a good thing there was no clothes that fell off that chair for me to look for under it...come to think of it, I did notice some yarn sticking out last week but I didn't think too much about it and just tucked it back under my chair. She's so sneaky.

I also can now mention on here about that day I saw Megan and Amy. Megan and I went to the British store. I was buying Cari a Flake, which is a candy bar from England which she loves. I only bought one. The worker asked if I tried other kinds and I said it was for my sister. He told me about this thing they had for the holidays (a box of mini pieces of Flake), which he followed by (after looking for it) saying he stuck his foot in his mouth cuz they were out. So I followed him to where the Flakes were and he found 2 in a box by themselves, went back to the counter, put them in a bag and handed them to me, saying "Merry Christmas to your sister". I wanted so badly to be able to write that on here when it happened...but clearly Cari would have read it. That British man was so nice. Makes me want to shop there more...even though they are quite expensive.

I am debating about going shopping today. I have to exchange my jacket. I also have an LB gift card I can use and they are having a sale starting today. Plus, my mom gave me comfy socks and I want more from Kohl's. And we want to get new stockings for next year cuz ours are looking shabby...and they will be cheap now.

My dilemma? I am now sick! Dag nabbit, I have been doing so well about not being sick much and I was just sick a little over a month ago. All of a sudden yesterday at dad's, my nose was totally stuffy. I couldn't breathe through it at all. I woke up today with a bad cold. Since I took medicine, I feel a little better, hence why I may go shopping. But I should go while I feel just OK. My head feels like there's a balloon inside being blown up. And I feel totally dizzy and I know I wouldn't be able to drive myself cuz I almost feel drunk. Mom is planning on going with me...I need to shower first. Let's see how I feel after a shower...

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?