<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 20, 2004

i'm a friend hog 



In the stereo: a mix

Cari and I were reminiscing tonight about our elementary school days. The title was something I said about mine. In third grade, I was friends with a girl who was new. The next year, she became friends with the "popular" girls and told me I wouldn't let her be friends with anyone else the year before. Riiiiight...cuz I can tell you who to be friends with.

So, I love my sister. She's the best ever. Wanna know why? And this is the only reason (*wink*). I had to warm up my car this morning cuz it gets wacky in cold weather. I moved it in the driveway and left it running while I went back inside to finish getting ready. I went out to my car about 10 minutes later. I pushed the button on my clicker...and it wouldn't unlock! My clicker won't work when keys are in the ignition! So, I woke up Cari and told her what was going on. She told me to call AAA and she would hop in the shower. She got out and I was still on hold with AAA, along with trying to call school on my cell to tell them what was going on. So, Cari told AAA everything and they said it would be 2 hours! So, I waited at home in case they came and Cari, the SWEETHEART that she is, drove down to mom's school and got mom's keys to my car. See, I have 3 different keys--one for ignition, one for trunk, and one for the doors (my mom has all 3 keys, whereas, I keep only ignition on my ring, with spares of all 3 in my purse). The only door key I have was in my car. I used my spares in the car cuz I wanted my clicker (which is on my usual set of keys). So, Cari made it back home before AAA so I canceled them and I got to school about an hour after I was supposed to. Luckily, I was in special ed so there was another teacher and it wasn't much after school started anyway (maybe 10 minutes). So, needless to say, my day got off to a great start.

Watched a bit of Wet Hot American Summer this morning, while waiting for keys. Funny stuff. I want to see the whole movie.

Andre keeps asking me what my name is, since he forgot it last year. I don't want to tell him cuz I know he will call me by it and students shouldn't call adults in school by their first names. Well, Madison told him today (which I had told her many times before not to) and he proceeded to say it at least 40-50 times in the next 15-20 minutes before his bus came. How frustrating. This is why I didn't want to tell him anyway. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I sub in the 2/3 class again tomorrow (that's where I was today) and on Wednesday, I am staff development so I don't know where I will be. Hopefully, it won't be too bad. The kids are all wound up already so I can't wait to see how Wednesday will be.

My back is killing me so I better go lay down. I decided last night to start reading a book, which I haven't done in a while. I had started that one with short stories in it but the ones near the back are longer...and it's too much to read going to bed in one sitting. I like chapters cuz then I can stop after one. I can't stop in the middle of one "short" story.

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?