<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 24, 2004

The weather has been insane this week. Monday, we woke up and it was 12 degrees. It got up to probably 20. Wednesday, it was 60! Yesterday, it was really rainy and by 6 pm, it was down to 35! It's supposed to be high 38 today (it's currently 25). This up-down-up-down is going to make everyone sick.

Yesterday, I subbed for kindergarten. Oh, they were cute. We went caroling with the rest of the grade. We also went with one other class to drop off some cards to 4th grade reading buddies. We stuck around there a bit and the 4th graders showed the kindergartners around their classroom (which is in Neverland...aka, a portable). It was absolutely adorable seeing the interaction between them. A lot were holding hands. Some 4th graders looked a little uncomfortable but I think it was good for them to get that littler kid interaction. Love it! I told the other kindergarten teacher how I remember having reading buddies when I was in school. We had them in 5th and 6th grades, with 2nd and 3rd graders, respectively. I only remember one of my buddies and I didn't like her. She grew up to be a total snob.

The kids also got to drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in the afternoon. So, needless to say, it was a non-stressful day.

And now it's break! I can't believe it's Christmas Eve. It came too soon. I hate when we have school all the way til the day before Christmas Eve. We don't get nearly enough of a break. 6 school days off? not enough! Can't wait to see how the 2/3 kids are the week after break. There's one in there whose mother doesn't make him sleep enough and he always comes to school extremely tired. This past week, he got off the bus and kept falling down. It took 2 of us to bring him in the school. And I am sure it will be like that when we get back from break.

I looked at my statcounter and saw someone had been to one of my old posts. I was figuring out which one and came across my post about seeing the trailer for The Notebook. It is taking way too damn long to come out on dvd. I watched the trailer again now and, even though I saw the movie, I still cried at the trailer again! Love the movie!

Pray for snow tomorrow! I half wish it would snow so much we can't go anywhere, though that's really mean (we are supposed to go to dad's house for a few hours...but I don't like leaving on Christmas). Someone at Curves told me we get snow on Christmas only 7% of the time! That's insane! No where near often enough. Tonight, I'm gonna do a snow dance and wear my pjs inside out. You should too!

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?