<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

good music 

In the stereo: Kyler England

So we went to Arlington last night to see Dean play at Iota. It was good times. It was a night of "Songwriters in the Round", meaning there were 5 of them on stage and they took turns playing. Leah Morgan set the whole thing up. We saw her play at Jammin Java in January with Dean and she was good. I think she was better last night. We also heard for the first time Kyler England and Eric Hutchinson (and someone else whose name escapes me...Anais?). Those two were really good. I bought CDs (2 of Kyler's, one EP of Eric's). Eric was quite witty. He had shirts for sale that said "Eric Hutchinson is really good". He said the "Eric Hutchinson Sucks" shirts sold out. He played with Tony in December but I didn't go. But I had checked out his website. Here, look at this page on his shirts--I like the top where it says "Like Abercrombie. only cool." He also stressed that his website was "eric dash hutchinson dot com or eric hyphen hutchinson dot com or eric line hutchinson dot com". He said erichutchinson.com was taken and the guys a jerk (LOL).

Jamie and I were chatting with Dean after the show (and Cari joined when she came back from the bathroom). He's so the best. We asked him about Saturday (when he plays in Chestertown) cuz Cari wants to go, even though we leave for New Orleans Sunday bright and early. Jamie asked him how the other people performing were and he "so-so"ed his hand low, as to not really say it out loud. And he told us not to go. He did say if we hadn't come last night he woulda kicked our asses (or words to that effect). Then, he said something about Eric's CD, so I told him I got it. He asked to see it and just then Eric was walking by so Dean said "Hey, she wants you to sign her CD". So Dean found a pen and brilliantly opened the CD and Cari told Eric to write "Marianne's my favorite girl" (from the Adam Richman song). He did end up writing "To Marianne You're my favorite girl" and sign it. HAHAHAHAHAHA Notice, he wrote "you're", which made me super happy he isn't some dumbass who writes "your" because they don't know which is right. So we chatted with him for a few minutes and then we left.

OK, Amy, did you notice I said I got a CD of a girl singer? Are you happy? I have been looking for a girl I like and she was really good (you can listen at her website). Let me know if you like her music and I can make you copies of both CDs. On her website you can see who she has shared the stage with and it includes Melissa Etheridge! Yay...ps, anyone have a Melissa CD? Like the one with "Come To My Window"??????

OK, it's time for me to shower and then head to Target with Jamie...lata peeps

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?