<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 29, 2005

"Its been a bad day. Please dont take a picture." 

Today was awful. I believe it was the worst I have had subbing ever. You know how much I say I love these kids? Today, they drove me nuts. The teacher was out today and our student teacher is now subbing and he got a call for another job today so he wasn't with us. The kids were extremely loud and didn't listen to me at all. There was nothing I could do to get them to listen. One kid missed all of recess cuz he was being stubborn and didn't want to do his homework paper (which he could have done in 5 minutes) so he put his head down the whole time. When I told him to come with me so we could go to lunch, I saw he was crying (which made me cry--I had never seen him cry before).

We were sitting at the lunch table and I was facing O and G(I will be using initials for the kids from now on), who were at one side of the table. All of the other kids were to my back. I hear J say "whoever thinks G is a tattletale, raise your hand" and I turn and every other kid had their hand raised (other than O and G). I said "J, what did you say?" and he said "oh nothing", clearly knowing how inappropriate it was. B told me what was said (confirming I heard correctly).

This was my finally straw and I started crying. Right in the cafeteria, in front of the kids. So, of course, the kids notice and start asking if I'm crying, to which I say no. But of course, the tears became worse since they kept asking and asking why I was crying so I just had to get up and leave the cafeteria. I went to the staff bathroom and stayed in their trying to compose myself before going back. I went back and as soon as I got back, it's "Ms. Greene was crying". So, of course, I can't keep the tears from coming so I just have to ignore the kids. Luckily, it was time for O's medicine so I took her to get that (O is the only girl in the class).

Took the kids down to the class and they still aren't listening to me and I get so frustrated that tears are forming again and they noticed. "Ms. Greene why are you crying?" "Ms. Greene why are you crying?" "Ms. Greene why are you crying?" "BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE SO MEAN TO EACH OTHER" A couple of them decide they need to hug me, started by T (I love him). But within 10 minutes, they are back to it. This goes on until the end of the day, no more crying but they frustrated me like crazy, until I let them play outside for 10 minutes. And sitting there watching them play, I realized some reasons I like them so much. I loved the way they interacted with each other on the playground. It was a joy to watch.

After school, I went to the K/1 room and the teacher and I started talking and I ended up in tears, telling the story. The IAs from K/1 and 4/5 came in, along with the art teacher*, and saw me crying and they all hugged me (I am so lucky to work with such supportive people). They told me, though, what terrors their kids were today too so it wasn't just me. The 4/5 IA said she asked her teacher if it was a full moon (not even close, by the way).

At Curves tonight, a latin CD was put back in the player, even though I took it out on Monday, I had a request from a member to remove it. I can't believe it was put back in the next day. The other worker asked me if I liked it and I shook my head (I didn't want everyone to hear me). But of course, it wasn't kept quiet. Someone working out told me something about I should learn more about other cultures. Hello, I never said I don't like other cultures, I just didn't like the music on the CD. It also doesn't help me liking it when I hear it every day I am there. There's a reason we have so many CDs and we shouldn't have the same one in there for so long. That's what pisses me off. I never complained about the CD cuz it wasn't a big deal to me until I heard it so much. ARGH.

So that was my day. So my horoscope today? It's totally the truth: "It seems people are going out of their way to be aggravating. Make a call to a like-minded individual for a brief gripe session this afternoon. Better to talk out your aggression than be involved in a road rage incident."**

*(stealing Amy's footnotes) she and I, who students always confuse, saw each other today and flipped out--we both wore white tees, jeans and pink zipper hoodies. We had the media asst take our picture--I have it on email if anyone wants to see.
**Hello, longest post ever

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?