<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 08, 2005

Over at Pound, she mentions that Salon has a feature article on Torrid. Interesting. Some of the "expert" people think that because big girls can buy cute clothes, they may not have desire to lose weight. How assinine. Like not having stylish clothes really helped the fat girls in years past? The weight problem in this country has only gotten worse, not better, so how can stores like Torrid hurt? If it makes someone feel better about themselves, why not? The article mentions that Lane Bryant "is persistently (and perhaps unfairly) known as the frumpy aunt of all women's plus-size clothing". WHo thinks of it that way? Sure, there are some crazy clothes in there I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole, but what store doesn't have that? Most of my wardrobe is from there and I don't think of myself as frumpy...and I hope others don't. There are PLENTY of things at Torrid that I think are disgusting, but that makes it all the better when I find my "Shake Your Bear Behind" shirt or my pin stripe gray and turquoise dressy pants. It is frustrating that their shorts don't fit me (argh-why does one size have to be too small and the next size up be too big?), since all other places that have shorts in my size have ones with inseams of like 20 inches.

That is my big problem right now--I need shorts but the freakin inseams are way too long. And because of where I wear my pants (which I always thought was my waist but who knows), the freakin crotch hangs low and the long inseam just makes it worse. I wish some place had low-rise shorts in my size, cuz then maybe the crotch would sit right.

ANYWAY, I may run to Target today, before work at Curves. Get a couple-a things. We'll see. Maybe Jamie's home and wants to go.

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?