<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 01, 2005

So my long entry will begin with Friday, March 25. I went to work at Curves but I felt awful so they sent me home. Luckily. By 6 pm, I had a 102 degree fever. I still had the fever Saturday morning so mom took me to Medical Access, where I was told I had a throat infection, which was not strep (or scarlet fever, which was going around school). I was given an antibiotic. I took it twice Saturday and by Saturday night, I felt so nauseous and had no voice. I didn't pack at all. I had stuck some things in my suitcase on Friday.

I woke up Sunday and felt awful still. I had only eaten little bits twice on Saturday. I couldn't eat in the morning Sunday because of the nausea (which was probably due to not eating enough when I took the antibiotic, which I had stopped taking). Mom and Cari helped out by basically packing for me. Luckily, I had put more in my suitcase than I remembered so all I had to figure out was carry-on stuff and shoes. And they folded everything. And I lay on the back seat all the way to the airport. And I lay on the airport floor when we were there. I couldn't sit up, because of the nausea, and I still had no voice.

We boarded our first plane on time but had to sit on it for an extra 45 minutes while they checked it out. We made good flight time but because of the delay, ended up missing our conection in Dallas anyway. We were put onto a flight 2 1/2 hours later to New Orleans. This plane also had to be checked out and we sat on it for an extra 30 minutes than we should have had to.

We got to New Orleans finally...only to not get Cari's suitcase. It didn't make it to New Orleans. So, we finally got to our hotel (which was really nice) after riding in a shuttle with a crazy driver. We were greeted at the hotel by the NICEST woman. She knew mom's name when we walked in the door. It was such a relief after the day we had had. Our room was located on the fourth floor, where there were 4 rooms sharing a sun deck. Very cute. Our room itself was a really nice size and the beds were soft (nice at first, but I started getting really stiff in the mornings). If you stood on a chair on the sun deck, you could see over the wall to the Mississippi River, which was cool.

During the trip, we went to Cafe DuMonde, Pat O'Brien's, and Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. Cari and I went in the pool (it's a miracle!). Our room was cold the first few nights and we were complaining, but the last 2 nights it was so hot, I couldn't believe we complained about the coldness. Much easier to sleep when cold than when hot.

I got my voice back on Monday but I am still now coughing like crazy. I got Cari sick by Wednesday. Cari's suitcase came on Monday so she wasn't without it for long (she did have a set of clothes in her carry-on). We went on a boat ride one day on the Mississippi, went to a wax history museum, rode a trolley, and took a mule-drawn carriage ride (it's a law that they are pulled by mules not horses). We relaxed a lot, which we needed, plus Cari and I were pretty drained, being sick.

It's good to be back home. I wish I could hear (ears are still messed up from the planes) and I wish I would stop coughing. Now, I am looking forward to Capon in less than 2 months! If I remember anything else about the trip, I will write it later. I am wiped...

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?