<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 16, 2005

"School's out for summer...school's out forever" 

At our school, at the end of the last day, we all line the hallways from the portables to the front entrance. The fifth graders come through and we have a "clap out", meaning we clap, cheer, blow kisses to them. The special ed 5th graders were out first and I'll admit I cried a little. 3 of the 4 of them I worked with when I long-termed 2 years ago and I can't imagine them not being there next year. I really wonder what one (well all, but more one) is going to be like in 10 years. He's come such a long way and I know the real world is going to be hard for him. But he has a great family and I am sure they will be there for him for forever.

Our parttime PE teacher performed at a bar last night. He is leaving us to become a vice principal next year. He's going to do great...but now we have no more eye candy. We need to hire cute male teachers. Anyway, a bunch of us were there last night so it was nice.

It's supposed to be not too hot today (82) so I am thinking I might ask Jamie if I can lay in her hammock. I want to read. My goal is to finish my book today. I've only read 2 chapters so far so it will take dedication. I am reading "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". Cari, Jodi and I saw the movie on SUnday and it was good. I immediately went to Borders and bought books one and two. I want them to look the same so I didn't buy book 3, which is only currently available in hard cover. And they didn't have book 2 in hard cover.

I read "Nights in Rodanthe" by Nicholas Sparks this week. It was good. I was bawling! Mom was like "are you crying because of your book? do you like crying or something?" I'm like "Mom, shut up until I finish." It's no fun crying while reading and being interrupted. I just wanted to finish it. I now only have 3 of his books left to read. I own at least 2 of them, I just have to clean my room to find them.

I need to go to Ikea. I want another bookcase. I don't know if I will be able to shift stuff in my room ok to be able to fit it but I really need a place for all my books. I have gotten probably 50 books in the past 6 months and they are just piled up on my floor. One pile for books I have read now and one pile for yet-to-read.

My skin is so itchy. It feels like how it feels when I get sun but I don't remember being outside yesterday for more than 3 minutes at any one time. Oh shit, it just came to me--Molly and I ate lunch outside. I was shaded by the umbrella but I was outside for 20 minutes or so. Better go get some aloe vera.

Leave me a comment?

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?