<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 15, 2005

So Busch Gardens yesterday. It was pretty fun. Dad and Eric of course drove me CRAZY the whole time I was with them, Eric more than dad. Eric just won't shut up and it drives me crazy. He has to make comments on everything. And when one of us tells a joke or makes an observation, he has to like extend it, stating the obvious, totally ruining the fact that it didn't need explanation. And that's annoying.

Anyway, I had a banana and milk for breakfast and I was still nauseous before riding anything. But it wasn't bad and I figured let's try. So we rode the train to the back of the park and Eric and I went on Alpengeist. It was a hanging roller coaster. It was a really good one (Eric immediatly went on it a second time)--very smooth. And there was practically no line. Didn't help my stomach but didn't hurt it either. Dad and I were searching for a soft pretzel to maybe help my stomach. After a bit, Eric and I decided to go on The Big Bad Wolf roller coaster (we never found pretzels but I did have an icee thing). Long line, but not too bad. Stomach still the same after. Someone told us they had pretzels near the front of the park so we made our way that way and ended up with nothing. Then we figured it was time for luch so we went to the Fest Haus and I had great sausages and cake and entertainment. We went a did a build-a-bear type thing for Cari (although it was a monkey) and painted some pottery (should be in the mail to me in 2 weeks). Eric and I went on Appollo's Chariot (that is the Fabio roller coaster). It sucked. I sat on the right side (4 across) and I felt like I was going to fall out--you're not protected by like anything in front of you and on the side. You have this one thing that comes back onto your lap and that's it. Scary and I refuse to ride it ever again. All 3 of us went on Roman rapids, and after not getting too wet, hoped back in the not long line for a second time. Eric wanted to go to a store before we left so he left us and dad and I came upon Escape from Pompeii, which is a water ride. Dad didn't want to go but I did...my first ride ever by myself! Aren't you proud?

Here comes the big kicker of the day...My mom called while I was on the ride. Got out my cell when I got off and saw. Called her. My car window was smashed in. And there was a screwdriver stuck in the door. On our street! How scary. It really didn't affect me much, I was more concerned about the CDs in my car (nothing else much in there I care about). I almost was thinking why not take my car? It's ten years old and I could always get a newer one to replace it. BUt this shit just doesn't happen in our neighborhood.

We left the park and came home. Dad thinks someone was in his car because a few things were moved and quarters were missing. He doesn't keep much in his car so he didn't think there was anything for people to steal (he had left his car in front of our house, parked in front of mine on the street, while we took a rental car on the trip). So my biggest problem is knowing there is someone out there that would do this here. I can't keep anything in my car now because I wouldn't want it taken. Luckily, anyway, most of my CDs are in the house but the ones in my car are mixes that are more sentimental. I may have to now do what Parsons did in college and carry a CD case with me everytime I go out to drive.

On a final note, right before dad picked me up on Wednesday, I got the mail. In it was a jury summon (summon? summons? whatever). So I have finally gotten called for jury duty. So exciting. I had a feeling it was coming. I have had to fill our paperwork in the mail a few times recently giving them more info or whatever. And it just so happens I was thinking about it last week--thinking what if I get called for jury, what if it's Mike's pedophilia case (mentioned in a previous entry) and then I could be like, I worked with him I can't do it. But there is no way his trial would be this soon (my date it August 8th). I am like number 140something so I might not even have to report in. We'll see...

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?