<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

By the way, I looked in my 99 yearbook and figured out Brandi Monroe was who we were trying to think of. And I figured out the name of the girl who was in 105 my freshman year (I was in 103 first semester).

The principal was VERY nice. She lived up to and maybe exceeded what everyone was saying. I really really want this job because working with such a nice principal on top of everything else would make everything easier.

I need to go shopping. But I don't feel like leaving the house. I don't like it when it's so humid. It's already 84 and it's supposed to get to 92. And heat index will probably get to about 100. Yuck. So many stores had things in their ads this week I want but I just don't like this heat.

Finished The Undomestic Goddess last night. Not as good as Sophie Kinsella's other books, but I didn't hate it. It was cute. I didn't cry a bit, cuz it wasn't sad or overly happy, and I only laughed a little. Now I'm reading The Dirty Girls Social Club which Parsons recommended. It's about 6 latinas and they say a few words in Spanish every so often, so we'll see if my lack of Spanish will at all hinder my thoughts on the book. But it is a New York Times best seller. I have realized I have gotten quite a few New York Times best sellers recently, which makes me happy that I am actually reading books other people have read. After this one, I think I will read the last Laurie Notaro book I have yet to read, I Love Everybody (and Other Atrocious Lies). I wanted a break from laughing out loud so much and wanted to read fiction. But I may need it again.

The Barnes and Noble bag I got this weekend made me think. I kinda want to read these famous books everyone talks about from years ago, that even kids had to read in school. I never read some because I wasn't in the high reading group. To Kill A Mockingbird is one that's on the bag that triggered my thoughts. I can't think of others right now. It did make me happy to have read 3 of the books on the bag--Of Mice and Men, The Great Gatsby, and Death of a Salesman. Any others you all can think of I should read? Even though I have so many other books to read, I may have to go to the library and read some others first...

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?