<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The music teacher at school has been diagnosed with breast cancer. We just got an email from her stating it is stage 3. Wow. I never imagined it to be that far. She did say that women in her situation, taking the drugs she will take, she does have an 85% survival rate, which is higher than I thought for stage 3. She is an awesome woman who is GREAT with our kids (which is hard, ya know) and our kids I am sure will miss her while she's out. She's a feminist in all ways I have learned about her and tries to keep out of the gossip that happens at school (that inevitably happens everywhere). She's not married and I hope she has a great family helping her through these times. It amazes me that she is only the second person I know who has gotten breast cancer, the first being my boss at JCPenney. My thoughts will be with her for the coming months and I await her return to school anxiously.

When we were at Jammin Java last weekend (24th), we browsed the City Paper and came across this ad. I cut it out and hung it on my wall. It's so powerful and true and may be my favorite ad I've ever seen. So what does everyone think about the new justice appointee?

make it alright: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?